Pure rice cakes are soft when eaten hot, but dry and hard when eaten cold. Putting on the sandwich greatly reduces the dry and hard taste, and then adopts the layer-by-layer heating method to increase the humidity of each layer of rice cake, even if it is eaten cold, it still has a mouth.
[Materials] 130 grams of glutinous rice flour, 100 grams of sticky rice flour, 30 grams of fine sugar, about 130 grams of fresh milk, appropriate amount of washed red bean paste, appropriate amount of dried osmanthus
[Quantity] 1 6 inch size
[Tools] bean bag cloth, 6-inch mousse ring, big eye screen, fresh-keeping bag, rolling pin, steamer
1. Prepare the main ingredients: glutinous rice flour, sticky rice flour, fresh milk, granulated sugar, dried osmanthus, washed red bean paste; milk can be replaced with water, and red bean paste can be replaced with other low-oil fillings, such as purple potato puree, lotus paste, mung bean Sand, etc.; fine granulated sugar can be replaced by soft white sugar, but coarse granulated sugar cannot be used;
2. Put the glutinous rice flour, sticky rice flour, and granulated sugar into a large bowl, add milk gradually, stir into granules with chopsticks, and knead until there is no dry powder; if there is more dry powder, you can add milk; grab a handful of rice flour , Can easily knead into a dough, twist it slightly with your hands, and then disperse into lumps of varying sizes, and you can reach this state;
3. Use a large-eyed sieve to sieve the rice noodles; this step is very important. It can increase the air between the rice noodles and make the steamed rice cakes fluffy and soft in taste; do not use a small-eyed sieve, otherwise this point It takes more than an hour to sift the rice noodles, and people will collapse;
4. I used a steaming box to steam today, so I first spread a layer of bean-bag cloth, which is a large piece of gauze, on the steaming tray, and put a 6-inch mousse ring on it; first spread a layer of original rice noodles and put it in the steaming box Steam for 1-2 minutes;
5. Don’t sit idle while steaming, take an appropriate amount of red bean paste and put it in a fresh-keeping bag, and use a rolling pin to roll into a round piece slightly smaller than the mousse ring; the fresh-keeping bag does not need to be opened, just roll it directly on it; the cling film is too thin , It is easy to stick together, and it is not easy to take off the bean paste;
6. Pour the rolled red bean paste slices on the rice noodles;
7. Spread another layer of rice noodles on top, sprinkle appropriate amount of dried osmanthus, re-enter the steamer and steam for 1-2 minutes;
8. By analogy, a layer of rice noodles osmanthus, a layer of rice noodles and bean paste, until the mousse ring is filled; every time you enter the steaming box, make sure that the rice noodles or rice noodles osmanthus layer is exposed on the surface, so that even if there is water vapor, it will only Falling on the rice noodles; if the bean paste is exposed, it will cause some water vapor to stay on it and affect the newly spread rice noodles to become too wet and sticky;
9. The 6-inch mousse ring was not completely filled. I used a 4-inch mold to fill the remaining rice noodles and red bean paste in it; if the rice noodles were spread more fully, a 6-inch mousse ring could be completely filled;
10. Put the raw rice cake into the steaming box, 100 degrees, 50 minutes;
11. After steaming, it can be directly out of the oven, and it can be easily demoulded after a little cooling;
12. The rice cake needs to be cut with a saw-tooth knife; hot eating will cause the cutting surface to be uneven, but the taste is sweet and soft; if you want the cut surface to be smooth and beautiful, you can cut it after cooling, but the taste will be slightly harder than when it is eaten hot , The sweetness is also weaker; if you want to restore the taste when it comes out of the pan, you can put it in the pan and heat it for a few minutes.
1. Sticky rice flour is rice flour, and the ratio of rice flour to glutinous rice flour is 1:1-1.5; if all sticky rice flour is used, the texture of the rice cake will be dry, hard and non-elastic. If all sticky rice flour is used, the texture of the rice cake will be sticky and soft;
2. Steaming for each layer can increase the internal moisture, make the finished rice cake more soft and elastic, and the steaming time can be greatly shortened; if it is completely spread and then steamed, it will take at least one hour, and It will be harder internally;
3. The washed red bean paste has a refreshing taste and melts in the mouth. It is more delicious than oily bean paste and matches the refreshing rice cake. It can also be replaced with purple potato puree, pumpkin puree, sweet potato puree, lotus paste, mung bean paste, etc. There will be different tastes and flavors.