Make a fancy cake roll today-giraffe cake roll. This cake roll is not new, but the freshness is the filling inside, which is absolutely low-fat, easy to use, sweet and delicious. This is the sweet potato that everyone loves.
Sweet potato is rich in crude fiber and has a sweet taste. When it is mashed and rolled in a cake, it has its own sweetness and saves sugar and cream.
The giraffe pattern is not difficult, just scoop it out of the egg yolk paste. If you want the pattern to be shaped, just bake it for 2 minutes.
[Cake] 4 eggs, 50 grams of milk, 40 grams of corn oil, 40 grams of caster sugar for egg whites, 50 grams of cake flour, 3 cocoa powder
[Quantity] 1 piece, French Baker 28*28CM baking tray
【Baking】Up and down heat 160/160, 30 minutes
1. The sweet potatoes are steamed in advance. There are many varieties of sweet potatoes. Try to choose the sweet ones with non-dry and soft texture;
2. Peel off the thin outer skin and use a spoon to mash the sweet potatoes for later use;
3. The cake materials are ready: cake flour, granulated sugar for egg whites, milk, corn oil, eggs, cocoa powder;
4. Put the milk and corn oil into the basin together, and stir evenly with egg soaking to form an oil-free state;
5. Sift the cake flour into the corn oil milk solution;
6. Stir evenly; separate the egg white and egg yolk, put the egg white into an oil-free and water-free egg beater, and put the egg yolk directly into the batter;
7. Disperse the egg yolks and mix them with the batter thoroughly to form a smooth and smooth egg yolk paste. Set aside for later use; if the room temperature is relatively dry, cover the lid to prevent the surface moisture from evaporating and drying out;
8. Take 2 spatula egg yolk paste, pour 3 grams of cocoa powder into it, mix well, this is used for giraffe markings; at this time, preheat the oven to 160 degrees;
9. The egg whites are beaten with an electric whisk at a medium speed, and fine sugar is added in 3 times. They are: when the color of the egg white is not visible when the egg white is beaten, when the egg white is finely foamed, and when the fine foam is formed and there are slightly obvious lines. ; After adding sugar for the first time, beat at medium speed for 1 minute, then turn to low speed. This will make the egg white paste very delicate, stable and not easy to defoam; lift the egg beater, the egg white paste is in the shape of a big hook;
10. Take a spatula and mix the protein paste and cocoa batter evenly;
11. Put it into a piping bag;
12. Randomly squeeze out irregular patterns on the baking pan covered with greased paper; then put it into the middle layer of the preheated oven, bake at 160 degrees for 2 minutes, and take it out to cool after 2 minutes;
13. Mix the egg batter when baking the markings: take 1/3 of the egg white batter into the egg yolk batter;
14. Pour the mixed egg yolk paste back into the egg white paste;
15. Use a spatula to stir from bottom to bottom or cut and mix evenly to form a delicate and shiny cake batter;
16. Pour the cake batter into the baking pan, scrape the surface with a scraper, lift the baking pan and shake it a few times;
17. Put it into the middle layer of the preheated oven and heat up and down at 160 degrees for 30 minutes;
18. After the oven is out of the oven, shake it a few times, drag the cake out of the baking tray, place it on the drying rack, and tear off the oil paper around to dissipate heat;
19. Turn over after 3 minutes, and tear off the greased paper on the bottom;
20. Roll the cake slice from the bottom up a few times, and then loosen it into a cake slice. The purpose of this is to form a “memory” while it is hot, which will make it easier to roll in the next step;
21. When the cake roll is warm, you can spread the mashed sweet potato evenly on the striped side down and the smooth side up, and put more mashed sweet potato near the lower part that becomes the core of the roll;
22. Roll it into a roll from bottom to bottom. Both ends of the cake can be cut without cutting off. Wrap tightly with greased paper, clamp both sides with sealing clips. It can be placed at room temperature or fixed in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before being cut into pieces.
1. Eggs are medium in size, weighing about 60 grams per shell;
2. Do not bake the cocoa batter for too long to prevent it from being baked too dry and not melted with the original batter and breaking;
3. The meringue should not be beaten too hard, as it will crack the cake when it is rolled;
4. The baking temperature and time should be adjusted according to the actual situation of the oven. It should be high temperature rather than low temperature to prevent excessive evaporation of the water in the cake if the baking time is too long.