There is a lot of egg white left in the apple pie, which is used to make meringue. Although it’s not too crowded, it’s pretty good overall. The meringue is very stable and delicate, and it has a silky sheen. The more you look at it, the more you like it.
The decorative effect of colorful meringue is also good, such as on cakes and desserts. With its addition, it immediately becomes vivid and lively.
To make a long story short, go straight to the practice. One egg white makes 3 dishes of more than 200 meringues, which melts in your mouth.
[Materials] 65 grams of egg white, 20 grams of fine sugar for egg white, 115 grams of fine sugar for boiled sugar, 45 grams of cold water for boiled sugar, a little food coloring
【Sugar water temperature】112-120 degrees
1. Large group photo of the ingredients: egg whites, fine sugar for beating the egg whites, small pot for boiling sugar water, cold water, fine sugar for boiling sugar, food coloring, cups, piping bags, a thermometer that is essential;
2. Put 45 grams of cold water and 115 grams of granulated sugar into a small milk pot and heat it with the minimum firepower. The thermometer can always be placed in the sugar water to measure the temperature;
3. Whisk the egg whites while boiling the sugar water; add 20 grams of fine sugar to the egg whites in 2 times, and beat at a medium speed until the egg whites have small corners or small right angles;
4. The sugar water can be used after boiling it to 112 degrees. The temperature should not be too low. It can be between 112-120 degrees. A low temperature means that the sugar can not be boiled. There is no thermometer to calculate the time and use the minimum firepower to heat it. When the sugar water becomes thick after foaming and slowly rises up, the temperature is close to 120 degrees, and it can be used at this time;
5. Pour a small amount of sugar water into the egg white paste several times. In order to take pictures, I stopped the whisk in my hand; the action at this time should be continuous, that is, slowly pour the sugar water in one hand, and the electric whisk in the other hand does not Stop whipping the egg whites; be careful not to pour the sugar water on the wall of the basin and the egg beater, but pour it on the egg white paste until all the sugar water is poured out; the egg beater can be taken out of the warm water basin, and a thick cloth is placed underneath to prevent The basin spins
6. Continue to beat the protein paste at a medium speed, the protein paste becomes whiter and whiter and has a ceramic texture;
7. When you feel resistance to the whisk, stop the whisk, and the egg white paste forms a small corner or a small corner on the whisk, and the whisk is over;
8. Take a little pigment, mix it with part of the protein paste, and put it into a piping bag;
9. Take another small amount of pigment and mix with part of the protein paste; the color can be adjusted as you like, but a light color is better, which is more refreshing;
10. Preheat the oven to 100 degrees at this time; put the flower mouth in the piping bag in advance, I used the 14-tooth small flower mouth of Wharton, squeeze it in a vertical way in the baking pan covered with silicone cloth or oil cloth or oil paper. Produce the prototype of meringue, the size can be adjusted as you like, but the size should be the same in a plate;
11. This is the second set;
12. This is the third set;
13. Put it in a preheated oven, 90-100 degrees can be; my oven is an open-hearth oven, with two layers up and down, you can adjust the baking tray midway to make the two trays evenly heated up and down; the other tray is on the other Finished in the oven;
14. The volume of meringue will not swell much compared to the green body. Bake it for about 60-90 minutes and it will be completely dry inside and out; the specific time is adjusted by the size of the meringue; if you want to test whether it is completely dry, you can take a bad-looking one Open it for inspection; let it cool after baking, put it in a bottle or jar, and keep it sealed to prevent it from becoming soft and sticky when damp.
1. This is the amount of 1.5 egg whites, you can reduce the amount according to your own situation, and all the materials can be reduced proportionally;
2. Although the boiled sugar method requires one more process than the direct method, the meringue is delicate and stable;
3. Use edible chemical synthetic pigments to be more stable and brighter than natural plant pigments, but the amount should not be heavy, so as to lose the fresh color;
4. The baked meringue can be eaten directly, and can also be used for decoration of cakes and desserts. It can be sealed and stored at room temperature for 10 days and a half months without any problem.