Want to make a dessert, I turned the book to this caramel custard pudding, especially the ruddy caramel liquid, which looked so tempting. It looks difficult, but it’s actually very easy.
Except that caramel needs to be careful to prevent the batter from overwhelming, the egg liquid part is simply too easy. In other words, it is steamed eggs with milk.
But this milk steamed egg is really delicious, the main highlight is the caramel. Therefore, those who want to try it must take a look at the operation of caramel!
【Caramel】45g white sugar, 10g cold water
[Pudding] 2 eggs, 250ml milk, 20g sugar, a few drops of vanilla extract
1. A group photo of the ingredients: fine sugar for caramel and a little cold water; pure milk, eggs, a small amount of fine sugar (optional), vanilla extract (optional); vanilla extract can be replaced by half a vanilla pod;
2. Put 45 grams of fine sugar and 10 grams of cold water into a small pot and heat it with a low fire; this step is better to use an induction cooker or an electric ceramic stove than an open flame, the bottom of the pot can be heated evenly, and the open flame can only be heated in the middle, which is not conducive to control Temperature; do not stir first to prevent sand reversal;
3. When the syrup appears light brown, stir gently with a small spoon. At this time, hold the pot with your hands and remove from the heat at any time, because heating for 2 seconds may cause the syrup to quickly change color and appear bitter; wait until the syrup is boiled slightly. When it is darker brown, leave the fire, and the residual temperature will make the syrup eventually become amber;
4. Pour the syrup into a 6-inch solid-bottom cake mold; the syrup will solidify when cold, even if it does not cover the bottom of the mold, it does not matter; put it aside;
5. Put the eggs in the egg-beating bowl;
6. Add 20 grams of white sugar and beat with an egg to melt most of the white sugar; because caramel is also sweet, white sugar is optional;
7. Heat the milk on a small fire, and the surface will bubbling slightly and then leave the fire;
8. Slowly pour a small amount of milk into the egg liquid, stirring while pouring, to prevent the milk from overheating and blanching the eggs into frangipani;
9. Add a few drops of vanilla extract; if you use natural vanilla pods, you can cook the vanilla seeds and vanilla pods with milk in step 7 and remove the vanilla pods in step 8; there is no vanilla extract and vanilla pods. Don’t let it go;
10. Filter the egg and milk melt into the caramel mold to remove large chunks of egg white and a little egg flower and scum;
11. Put the mold in a baking tray filled with cold water, the height of the cold water is half the height of the milk and egg liquid;
12. Put it into the preheated oven, heat up and down at 160 degrees, for 30 minutes;
13. After being out of the oven, let it dry for a while, put the Mongolian plastic wrap in the refrigerator for storage; after cooling, use a knife to make a circle along the inner wall of the mold, and then buckle it upside down in the plate, ready to be eaten;
14. If you don’t have a 6-inch solid bottom mold, you can also use a baking bowl or ceramic bowl or high temperature glass bowl instead; because it is so delicious, I used the above recipe to bake the pudding again and divide it into small bowls;
15. Repeat the above production process, sift the milk and egg liquid into a small bowl, and steam it under water;
16. After refrigerating, use a knife to make a circle along the inner wall, and then release it from the mold;
17. Or directly use a small spoon to dig into the bowl and eat.
1. Caramel should be boiled on a low heat, especially when it changes color, be careful to observe it to prevent the syrup from becoming thick and changing its performance due to excessive temperature. Not only does it have no sweetness, but also produces toxins;
2. The mold can be taken at hand, and the finished product can be demolded if you want the finished product to look good; just for the taste, put it in a small bowl and use a spoon to dig and eat directly;
3. Milk steamed eggs, just replaced by steaming; you can try water steaming without an oven, but keep the firepower at medium heat, don’t make it hot, to prevent large holes in the interior.