Today I made a sweet and savory pork floss cake roll with American mustard sauce. The taste is really unique and addictive.
There is a lingo in Chinese food: if you want to be sweet, add some salt. In fact, it is also applicable in baking. The sweet rolls are paired with slightly salty mustard sauce and pork floss, which complement each other’s respective flavors and textures. They are even more delicious and not greasy than the creamy ones.
The cake roll does not crack and tastes dense and fluffy. There are three key points. First, the corn oil and milk is fully emulsified; second, the egg yolk is beaten until the color is light; third, the egg white is sent to the big hook. Remember these 3 points, the cake roll is always the same, you can make it with a variety of flavors. The cake slices are 2 cm thick after they are back, and they are not deformed or compressed when they are rolled.
[Materials] 4 eggs, 50 grams of top-baked cake flour, 50 grams of milk, 40 grams of corn oil, 40 grams of caster sugar for egg whites, appropriate amount of Guanli American mustard sauce, appropriate amount of floss
[Specifications] 28*28cm baking tray 1 tray
【Baking】Up and down heat 160/160 degrees, 25 minutes
1. A group photo of materials;
2. Preparation: Put a few drops of vegetable oil in the non-stick baking pan, and wipe the inside of the baking pan with kitchen paper dipped in the oil;
3. Put the milk and corn oil into the egg-beating bowl;
4. Mix and emulsify thoroughly with egg extract;
5. Separate the egg white and the yolk, put the egg white into an oil-free and water-free egg beater, and put the egg yolk into the milk corn oil solution;
6. Fully whisk evenly with egg extract, the egg yolk is slightly lighter in color;
7. Sift the cake flour into the egg batter;
8. Stir evenly in irregular directions to form a delicate egg yolk batter, set aside for later use;
9. Beat the egg whites with an electric whisk at a medium speed to make a coarse bubble, and put 1/3 of the fine sugar;
10. Beat at medium speed for 30 seconds, then turn to low speed to make big bubbles become fine and small bubbles; when the protein paste is fine and white, add 1/3 fine sugar;
11. Continue whipping at low speed, when the beat is more delicate and the texture is clearer, add the remaining 1/3 of the fine sugar;
12. When the egg white paste appears shiny and there is resistance in the whisk, lift the egg whisk, the egg white paste becomes a big hook; at this time, the oven can start to preheat 160 degrees;
13. Take 1/3 of the egg white paste into the egg yolk paste;
14. Mix well with egg extract and pour it back into the meringue bowl;
15. Mix the egg beater from bottom to top with egg soaker, lift up the egg beater, the egg batter fills the egg beater net and slowly drops down; this is the cake batter;
16. Pour the cake batter from a height of 20 cm into a 28*28cm baking pan, lift the baking pan, spread the cake batter evenly over the baking pan, and sprinkle an appropriate amount of meat floss on the surface; without sprinkling the meat floss, the smooth surface of the original cake roll ；
17. Put it into the middle layer of the preheated oven and heat up and down at 160 degrees for 25 minutes; this is the state when it is baked to 6 minutes;
18. This is the state when baked to 14 minutes;
19. Shake the baking tray from the back of the oven a few times without demoulding and inverting. Put it on the drying rack for 3 minutes, and there is no need to cover the surface with greased paper;
20. Use a stripping knife to cut around the baking pan, use a scraper to gently pick up one side, the baking pan is upside down, the cake slices are complete, and the perfect towel surface; let dry for 2 minutes to allow excessive moisture Volatilize
21. The cake residue in the baking pan is gently scraped off with a scraper, and then rinsed with water to clean it;
22. Use a serrated knife to diagonally cut off one of the upper and lower sides, and then make three cuts on the cake slice close to the body, but do not cut to the end;
23. Squeeze Guanli American Mustard Sauce on the cake;
24. Use a spatula to smooth out the mustard sauce, and then evenly spread the pork floss;
25. Roll up into a roll from bottom to top, wrap the cake roll with greased paper, set it at room temperature for 15 minutes, and then cut it into pieces.
1. Put a little oil on the non-stick baking pan. After wiping it with paper, there will be a little oil soaking into the coating. There is no need to spread oil paper. There is a perfect towel for cake release, and the front and back rolls are beautiful;
2. The baking temperature and time are adjusted according to the actual situation of the oven.
3. Guanli American Yellow Mustard Sauce has a soft taste, the mustard flavor is faint, and the whole mustard seeds are full. Its taste is not as spicy as Chinese mustard. It is slightly salty and the sweetness of the cake complements each other and is attractive. appetite.