The boiled sugar version of nougat is troublesome and does not guarantee the success rate, so let’s use marshmallows to make a quick one. Because the consumption is not large, so don’t be too entangled in whether marshmallows belong to the category of health food. It is quite reassuring to choose marshmallows from big brands.
[Materials] 150 grams of marshmallows, 22 grams of butter, 85 grams of whole milk powder, 1.5 grams of salt, 50 grams of freeze-dried strawberries, 120 grams of mixed nuts
1. Large group photo of materials: original marshmallow, freeze-dried strawberry crisp, whole milk powder, a little salt, mixed nuts;
2. Heat the non-stick wok over low heat, melt the butter in the pan;
3. Pour the marshmallows into the pot and melt them on a small fire; the induction cooker I use has a full firepower adjustment between 100-300 watts;
4. Stir with a high-temperature resistant silicone spatula from time to time, so that the marshmallows are evenly heated and melted until they all become syrupy;
5. Mix the milk powder and salt into the syrup, stir and mix quickly;
6. The milk powder and syrup are completely fused together, and the non-stick pan is very clean;
7. Turn off the heat, pour all the freeze-dried strawberry crisp and mixed nuts into the syrup;
8. Use a spatula to roughly mix the materials into a dough;
9. Use your hands to knead the ingredients into a ball, and try to wrap all the solid ingredients in the sugar ball; the sugar ball is very hot and needs to be kneaded quickly;
10. Sprinkle a little milk powder in the nougat mold in advance, put the sugar ball in the mold, and roll the surface flat, then use a rolling pin to shape the edge, warm or cool, and then release the mold;
11. Demould the shaped and cooled sugar dough, with a cutting line at the bottom;
12. Use a sharp knife to cut strips and then cut into pieces along the cutting line, wrap them in sugar paper or directly put them in a bag or box for storage.
1. The marshmallows are not limited to brands. Heat on a small fire to prevent the syrup from discoloring due to high temperature; if you have an induction cooker or an electric ceramic cooker, use both of them. Put a heat shield in between or remove the temperature from the fire in time; whether the pot is flat-bottomed or curved, be sure to use a non-stick pot;
2. Freeze-dried strawberry crisp is divided into small and small pieces, as well as flake and granular. You can choose according to your preference; I personally think that it is better to use small strawberries, both in terms of shape and appearance of the finished product. Several other forms are better;
3. The mixed nuts include figs, large peaches, pumpkin seeds, cashews, hazelnuts, and can also be adjusted to other types of nuts or dried fruits;
4. If the finished nougat is particularly soft, check whether it is too much butter, too little milk powder or too little dried fruit;
5. It doesn’t matter if there is no special mold for nougat, it can also be shaped by sprinkling milk powder in the non-stick baking pan or spreading a silicone pad;
6. The finished product can be sprinkled with or without powdered milk. It is snow flakes with powdered milk, and nougat if it is not sprinkled.