Tangyuan, mostly sweet stuffing, and black sesame stuffing, red bean paste stuffing are common. The glutinous rice balls with salty fillings promote appetite more than those with sweet fillings and are easy to digest. Because it reduces the intake of fat and sugar, the taste is closer to the daily diet.
[Glutinous rice flour skin] 150g water-milled glutinous rice flour, 125g cold water, 2g purple sweet potato flour, 1g bamboo charcoal powder
[Filling] 100 grams of beef filling, half a green onion, 3 grams of black pepper, 2 grams of salt, 20 grams of soy sauce, 10 grams of light soy sauce, 10 grams of oyster sauce
1. Prepare water mill glutinous rice flour and beef filling;
2. Pour 150 grams of glutinous rice flour into a bowl and add water at room temperature gradually. The glutinous rice flour is very absorbent. If you want to form a lump without cracking, you need about 130 grams of water. It will not fall easily after being scooped up with a spoon;
3. Take a piece of glutinous rice ball the size of a small red date, boil it in hot water for 1 minute, remove it when it is transparent, and mix it with the raw glutinous rice ball. Don’t underestimate it, it can have a bonding effect. The wrapped glutinous rice ball will not crack ；
4. Knead the glutinous rice ball smoothly. After kneading, it will form and not spill around. If it is deformed, it means that the water is too large and you need to add glutinous rice flour;
5. Take a glutinous rice ball the size of a ping-pong ball and knead it with purple sweet potato flour; take a longan-sized dough and knead it with bamboo charcoal powder; put aside the Mongolian plastic wrap;
6. Put half a scallion, appropriate amount of salt, black pepper, light soy sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce in the beef filling;
7. Stir thoroughly in one direction without adding water;
8. Take a glutinous rice ball the size of a ping-pong ball. Pinch into a shallow small bowl, scoop an appropriate amount of filling and place it on the skin;
9. Gather up around the skin, slowly close the mouth, pinch the seal tightly, and a green black pepper beef glutinous rice ball is ready;
10. Sprinkle an appropriate amount of glutinous rice flour on the plate, and place each glutinous rice ball on top; at this step, the basic glutinous rice ball is completed;
11. Next, make a few calf glutinous rice balls: take a peanut-sized purple sweet potato dough, knead it into an oval shape, and then flatten it into oval slices; stick it on the lower half of the glutinous rice ball, which is the calf’s mouth.
12. Take a purple sweet potato dough the size of a date pit, roll it into a date pit shape, cut in half, this is the calf’s ear, wipe the bottom with water and stick it on the top of the head;
13. Take a bamboo charcoal dough the size of a jujube pit, roll it into a shuttle shape, cut in half, this is the calf’s horn, wipe the bottom with water, and stick it between the top of the head and the ears;
14. This is the appearance of the mouth, ears, and horns attached;
15. Take purple sweet potato and bamboo charcoal dough the size of chili seeds, knead them into small balls, apply a little water, and stick them on the nostrils and eyes;
16. Use the tip of chopsticks to gently press the inside of the nose to form the nostril;
17. Knead the black dough thinly and stick it between the nostrils to form a big cracked mouth;
18. Boil a pot of water. After the water is boiled, put the glutinous rice balls on the medium heat and keep it boiling until all the glutinous rice balls bulge and float on the water.