This bread is a leader in the German bread industry. It originated in Bavaria. Because it does not need to be specially fermented, it has a solid taste and a little elasticity. Because it is soaked in alkaline water for a short time and baked at a high temperature, a layer of luscious red-brown crust is formed on the surface. , In sharp contrast with the white inner core; some people say that its shape is like a stirrup, others say that it is like a person with arms folded, no matter what, it is a beautiful symbol.
[Materials] 150 grams of high-gluten flour, 8 grams of sugar, 2 grams of salt, 7 grams of butter, 90 grams of cold water, 2 grams of dry yeast, a little baking salt
[Alkaline water] 4 grams of baking soda, 100 grams of warm water
[Baking] Heat up and down at 200 degrees, 20 minutes
1. Prepare the bread ingredients: high-gluten flour, sugar, salt, butter, dry yeast, cold water; if you want a softer taste, you can replace 30 grams of high-gluten flour with low-gluten flour;
2. Put all the ingredients except the butter into the basin, stir it with chopsticks to form a flocculent shape, and then knead it into a dough without dry powder;
3. Transfer the dough to the table, add butter and knead vigorously; because this dough has less water, it is difficult to knead out the glove film, just knead out the thick film;
4. The dough is directly weighed into 4 equal parts and rounded separately; the dough is covered with a basin or plastic wrap to prevent water evaporation;
5. The dough does not need to be loose, just roll it into an oval shape;
6. Roll it up from top to bottom, pinch the joints tightly, and knead into an olive shape; roll the four doughs into a roll in turn; remember to cover the whole process to prevent evaporation;
7. Next, follow the sequence of kneading the dough rolls: knead the dough rolls from the middle to the sides to grow noodles about 30-35 cm long. The middle section should be thicker and the sides are getting thinner and thinner; the moisture of the dough Less, so the action must be quick and gentle to prevent the ends from being rubbed off;
8. Twist the ends down in the middle; it looks like a dancer with his legs crossed;
9. Pick up the two tail ends and press them on both sides of the thick dough roll. This is the green body of Puleijie;
10. Process the remaining dough rolls one by one, spread a piece of greased paper on the baking pan in advance, and place each one on the baking pan; if you want a strong taste, put the dough directly in the refrigerator and store it for 1 hour; The taste is softer, it can be left standing at room temperature for 15 minutes and then frozen in the refrigerator for 1 hour;
11. After taking out the dough from the refrigerator, let it stand at room temperature for 10 minutes; put on disposable baking gloves, pour 100 grams of warm water into a large bowl, pour the baking soda into the water while gently stirring with a small spoon; baking soda It is a strong base, which is very corrosive, so be sure to wear gloves and handle it carefully to prevent the alkaline water from splashing into the skin and eyes;
12. Soak the pre-knot in alkaline water for 20 seconds on both sides; the longer the soaking time, the deeper the skin of the baked bread; therefore, the amount of alkaline water is small, so it is necessary to soak both sides separately to make all the bread skins colored Even, if the amount of alkaline water is large, the bread can be soaked in it, soak it for 20 seconds and then take it out;
13. Spread tarp on the baking pan in advance, because the strong corrosiveness of baking soda will destroy the baking pan, and thin baking paper will penetrate it. If there is no tarp, you can fold the grease paper in three layers; all the pre-knots are stacked. After putting it on the tarp, use a cutting knife to make a deep cut on the rough top. Because the bread dough is still in a frozen state, it is more difficult to cut. Just insert the cutting knife into the dough forcefully, don’t cut it repeatedly;
14. Sprinkle a few grains of baking salt on the surface; this salt is relatively large, and does not melt or change color after baking, which is also the finishing touch of this Preknot; at this time, the oven is preheated to 200 degrees;
15. Put the raw bread into the middle layer of the preheated oven, 200 degrees, 20 minutes;
16. Place it on the drying rack after it is out of the oven and let it cool before eating.
1. This bread has a solid taste and is very chewy, and the more you chew, the more you can realize the sweetness of wheat; if it is fermented at room temperature for 15-30 minutes after shaping, the bread will have a firm texture and elasticity. It is because the activity of yeast is stimulated, which makes the dough slightly expanded;
2. In addition to this traditional pre-knot shape, it can also be rounded, oval and other shapes. It can be cut on the surface, and it can also be filled with fillings, such as the more popular matcha red bean fillings. Added new taste and nutrition to this solid taste and finely structured lye bread;
3. Baking soda is a strong base. Soaking the dough with general edible soda or baking soda does not have the color and luster in the finished product picture; it can be bought at a bakery; you must wear disposable baking gloves throughout the operation to prevent Skin burns; the alkaline water after use does not need to be neutralized by vinegar or acid, because the dosage is small and will not harm the environment.