I put a handful of scallops in the chicken broth. The seafood has its own umami flavor and high zinc content. There are students in the family who often eat seafood to help focus. Putting this aside, the umami taste is not the same as ordinary chicken soup. There is some saltiness in the scallops, so you don’t even need to put salt in the soup.
[Main ingredients] 1 chicken, 80 grams of scallops
[Accessories] 3 slices of fresh ginger, 1 pot of hot water
1. The whole chicken is cleaned inside and out, the upper hairs on the epidermis are also plucked, and the internal organs are removed;
2. Use a sharp knife to chop the chicken into pieces along the joints, keep the chicken breasts and wings intact, chop the chicken legs into two pieces from the joints, and chop the rest of the chicken feet and the back of the chicken neck into small pieces; You can’t finish eating and drinking, and the remaining chicken breasts and chicken thighs can be torn into shreds after cooling, and vinegar, salt, sesame oil, coriander, pepper, etc. can be used to make cold chicken shreds;
3. Put chicken breasts, chicken legs, and chicken wings into a casserole, pour enough cold water, and heat it over a medium-to-low fire; do not use a high fire for the casserole to prevent the temperature difference between inside and outside from bursting;
4. The rest of the chicken feet, chicken back, chicken neck and other parts can be eaten with potatoes, carrots or mushrooms in braised sauce. The recipe is separate, so I won’t go into too much detail here;
5. After the soup is boiled, skim off the scum on the surface of the spoon. The scum is blood and other impurities. After skimming clean, the soup will not become cloudy; don’t wait for the soup to boil completely before skimming, otherwise some of the scum will stick to it. The chicken is not easy to clean up; the process of skimming the froth takes about 5 minutes;
6. The soup with the foam removed is very clear, and it can retain some of the minerals and nutrients that are soluble in water. Put 3 slices of fresh ginger into the soup, no other seasonings are needed;
7. Put the scallops appropriately, rinse them with water or not rinse them;
8. Put the scallops into the chicken soup pot. There is a layer of yellow oil on the surface of the soup. Don’t worry about it, the soup will taste fragrant. If you don’t like this layer of oil, you can remove it with absorbent paper or an oil skimmer at the end;
9. Close the lid and turn to low heat; I used this angle to take pictures, it is not very comfortable to look at, just want to show the state of low fire; the flame in the middle of the gas stove is enough; the pot is well sealed, use One and a half hours is almost the same; if it is a local chicken, it will take longer to make the meat rotten and fresh;
10. There is more butter on the surface of the boiled soup, the soup is clear and the meat is rotten, and the original chicken soup is very fragrant. Because of the addition of scallops, the deliciousness has increased more than two times, and the scallops have a salty taste, which is light in the mouth. People don’t even need to put salt in the soup.