Beef is rich in high-quality animal protein, calcium, iron and phosphorus, and has low fat content. It is a suitable food for men, women and children. There are many benefits to making beef jerky by yourself. You can choose the ingredients and seasonings. It takes a little time, but compared with nutrition and health, this time is worth the effort!
【Main Ingredients】1000g cucumber strips
[Marinade] 20g light soy sauce, 20g oyster sauce, 15g cooking wine, 4g salt, 2 star anise, 2 bay leaves, 4 ginger
[Roasting ingredients] 25 grams of honey, 30 grams of white sesame seeds, 6 grams of black pepper powder, 2 tablespoons of chili oil, a little chili noodles, 1 gram of salt
1. The cucumber strips can be frozen or fresh. If they are frozen, they should be thawed naturally; the cucumber strips are marinated and roasted on both sides, put them in a small bowl, so that you can feel calm and a lot of ingredients. ; The type and quantity of marinade and roasting ingredients can be adjusted according to taste; for example, if you like cumin flavor, you can put a little cumin grain or cumin powder, if you like curry flavor, you can put an appropriate amount of curry powder;
2. Slice the cucumber strips first, then cut the strips. Don’t cut it along the wire, but cut it off the wire, so that the beef jerky will not have long meat fibers; the beef will shrink severely after roasting, so don’t cut it too finely. The beef strips are about as thick as the thumb of an adult man, and the length can be adjusted according to the height of the oven and your own preferences;
3. Put the beef strips in a basin, soak it in cold water 3 times, stir gently with your hands to promote the blood in the meat to seep out as soon as possible;
4. Pour out the water and use kitchen paper to absorb the excess water in the meat; this process takes about 3 minutes. After the beef strips have been washed with water, they have absorbed some water. You need to repeatedly press gently with paper to absorb the excess water. , In order to be more delicious;
5. Pour 20 grams of light soy sauce, 20 grams of oyster sauce, 15 grams of cooking wine, 4 grams of salt, 2 star anises, 2 bay leaves, and 4 slices of ginger in the [marinade] into the meat strips;
6. Stir evenly with chopsticks, cover the lid, keep in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 2 hours. The longer time is more delicious. The marinating time can be adjusted according to the thickness of the meat strips;
7. This is the beef strips that I have marinated in the refrigerator for 8 hours. The taste has almost penetrated into the meat. The beef strips look tougher than at first, and each strip can be clearly distinguished;
8. Spread a piece of tin foil under the lower heating tube of the oven, and erect all four sides to catch the moisture that leaks from the roast beef. If there is no tin foil, you can put the oven on the bottom layer above the heating tube. This step is absolutely necessary. Don’t be lazy, look down and you will know the importance of this step;
9. Use the bamboo skewers to pass through one end of the beef strips, and leave as little meat as possible on the top to prevent it from being burnt when it is close to the upper heating tube;
10. Put a grill on the upper layer of the oven, and put each skewer on it, so that the meat strips leak from the gap of the grill and hang in the air. At the same time, avoid the lower heating tube to prevent the soup from flowing down during grilling. Fall on the heating tube and produce oily smoke; close the oven door, heat up and down at 200 degrees, and bake for 20 minutes;
11. When grilling the barbecue strips, take care of the final baking ingredients: 25 grams of honey, 30 grams of white sesame seeds, 6 grams of black pepper, 2 tablespoons of chili oil, a little chili noodles, and 1 gram of salt; chili oil and chili noodles are not necessary. Adjust according to taste; black pepper, salt, honey must be put, because the roasted beef strips are basically in a tasteless state, you need to wrap a little taste on the outside to adjust; raw white sesame seeds can increase nutrition, but also dark beef Contrast stems and make them look better visually;
12. After 20 minutes, remove the roasted beef strips out of the oven; take a look at the roasted beef juice. If you do not put the bottom of the foil pocket, the bottom of the oven is full of juice, which will be troublesome to clean; if you spread the beef strips flat on the baking tray , Then the beef strips will still be soaked in the soup, and will not reach the dry and loose state;
13. Be careful when removing it. Try to erect all four sides and gently remove it. Do not let the juice flow freely; there is a small trick to put a paper towel or a sponge for cleaning the bowl to prevent the juice from swaying when you move. :
14. Remove the beef strips from the bamboo skewers, put them in the sesame honey roasting material prepared in advance, mix well with a spoon, if necessary, grab them evenly, so that the flavor will be in the shredded meat; the beef strips are lost at this time It has a lot of moisture, but it is still soft. It needs to be baked in the oven again to evaporate the excess moisture and also allow the baking ingredients to penetrate into it;
15. Put the mixed beef strips into the oven without preheating. Use the residual temperature just now to adjust the temperature to 200 degrees for 15 minutes;
16. This is the last roasted beef jerky. It’s a lot more dry than the previous one, but it can still be “bent over”. The entrance is neither dry nor hard. The salty, sweet and slightly spicy is just light, and more of it is beef. The original flavor is a snack that can be used as an “energy bar”.
1. These seasonings can actually only play a role in enhancing aroma. When roasting, most of these salty tastes are roasted with the gravy, so the inside of the jerky does not have much taste, the beef taste is very Thick; so you can add salt, honey, and black pepper in the final roasting ingredients to make the taste stick to the surface, and the jerky will taste delicious;
2. Beef jerky can be placed in a container and kept in the refrigerator for 5 days; because beef strips are not completely dry, they are easy to deteriorate, but if placed in a cool place, leave a small slit on the container and keep it well ventilated, it can be stored for many days .