1. Can high-gluten flour be used as a bun
High-gluten flour means flour with a protein content higher than 11.5%. The color of high-gluten flour is dark and smooth. Why is high-gluten flour called high-gluten because of the high protein content and high-gluten flour? The characteristic is good elasticity and chewy.
We know that the characteristic of high-gluten flour is that it contains a lot of protein, and high-gluten flour is smoother and darker in color. High-gluten flour is generally used in the production of biscuits and cakes. Food made from high-gluten flour is chewy and elastic , But this flour is not ideal for buns.
2. What is the difference between low-gluten flour and high-gluten flour
Low gluten flour alias: low flour, cake flour, thin powder (Japan) has the lowest protein content (6.5% to 9.5%), fine particles and less gluten, so the gluten is low and the ductility is low, and the finished product is softened It is mostly used for desserts, such as Chinese pastries, or exquisite pastries such as sponge cakes, chiffon cakes, muffins, biscuits, and pie.
High gluten flour alias: high flour, bread flour, strong powder (Japan) protein content is about 11.5 ~ 13.5%, after adding water and stirring, it will produce gluten, viscosity, toughness and ductility are greater than the above two. It has elasticity and chewy texture. It is suitable for making toast, bread, noodles and pizza crust and other fermented foods.
3. How to choose high-gluten flour
The high-quality noodles are white or slightly yellowish in color, and are finely powdered when twisted by hand. They are tightly pinched in the hand and cannot be clumped. The low-quality and inferior surfaces are dull in pink, off-white or dark yellow, dark, and uneven in color. The fingers are coarse-grained when they are twisted and pinched, with worms, magazines, agglomerates, and hands clumping together. Adding too much brightener, the pink is off-white, even bluish-grey.
Take a small amount of flour in your hand to smell it, and high-quality flour has no odor. Low-quality and inferior flours are slightly smelly, musty, sour, kerosene and other smells.
When the high-quality flour is touched by hand, the palm of the hand has a greater sense of coolness and clumps when clenched. Flour for a long time is too high moisture.
Chew a little flour, the high-quality flour tastes light and sweet. Slightly odorous, with odors such as fermentation, sweetening, bitterness, etc., with a throaty sensation, and low-quality and inferior flour with a squeaky sound when chewed.
Flour storage method
1. Well-ventilated flour has a breathing effect, so the air must be circulated to make the flour available for use.
2. Humid dry flour will change its own water content according to the temperature and humidity of the environment. The greater the humidity, the more the flour water content will be, and it will be easy to agglomerate. The lower the humidity, the lower the water content of the flour. The ideal humidity is between 60% -70%.
3. The temperature stored at a suitable temperature will affect the maturation time of the flour. The higher the temperature, the faster the maturation. But the temperature also shortens the shelf life of the flour. The ideal temperature for flour storage is 18 ℃ -24 ℃.
4. Clean environment Clean environment can reduce the breeding of pests and the reproduction of microorganisms, which in turn reduces the chance of polluted flour.
5. Flour without odor is a material that can absorb and store odors in the air, so there should be no odor in the surrounding environment where flour is stored.
6. It is necessary to keep away from the wall and the ground in order to have good ventilation, reduce moisture, reduce the pollution of pests and the regulations of the law. Plastic products should be used for palletizing. If wood products are used, be careful of wood thorns and make them polluted.
7. The first-in first-out guarantees the stability of the flour and reduces man-made flour expiration.
8. Regular cleaning reduces the breeding of insects and rodents, thereby reducing the chance of polluted flour and damaged packaging.
The nutritional value of flour
The protein content in flour is very high, but we have wheat protein, the lysine we need. The content of arginine, histidine and methionine is relatively low, so we must supplement these foods when eating pasta, so as to achieve nutritional balance.
Flour is the endosperm portion obtained by grinding off the surface of the wheat kernel and its germ part, so the more delicate the flour, the more serious the loss. If you eat such flour for a long time, our body’s nutrition will be insufficient. Vitamins are a nutrient necessary for us to maintain normal physiological functions. The vitamin B family in wheat is very rich, but it is ground into wheat flour by wheat after that. The higher the accuracy of wheat flour, the higher the vitamin content.
Wheat flour is rich in minerals, such as phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, etc. They exist in the form of inorganic salts.