1. How to make cold salad
Wash the freshly picked chicory, clean it in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, and then put it in clean water to soak to remove the bitter taste. Then the bitter chicory can be eaten by cold salad, dipping sauce, stuffing or frying directly.
1.2, dried into dried vegetables
The maturity of Momordica charantia has seasonal limitations. If it is planted or picked too much at one time, it can be preserved by drying. The main step is to wash the picked chicory, then blanched it in boiling water, rinse it with clean water, and dry it in the sun or dry it for preservation. In later life, if you want to use bitter mustard, you can soak it in hot water in advance, then stir-fry it, or use it to stew meat.
1.3 Pickled pickles
Pickling pickles is a relatively common practice in life, and so is the same with bitter cabbage. Generally, the freshly picked chicory should be cleaned, and it needs to be placed for 2 to 3 hours to achieve the effect of draining the water.Then place the chicory in the tank. . Of course, you can also mix some condiments according to your personal preferences, and then keep them in a sealed state. You can eat them in about ten days.
1.4, tofu mixed with chicory
First you need to prepare ingredients, bitter cabbage and preserved eggs, tofu. Let’s deal with tofu first, add water to the pot, and boil it on the fire. After boiling, add the appropriate amount of salt, then put the tofu in the salt boiling water pot and cook for about 5 minutes, remove it and let it cool, then cut the tofu Form into thin tofu slices, and put the thinly sliced tofu slices evenly on the bitter greens.
Next is to process the preserved eggs, cut each preserved egg into 4 pieces, put the sliced preserved eggs on thin tofu slices, then you can drizzle with vinegar pepper and vinegar juice, and add a few drops of sesame oil to season, like to eat chili, It can be drizzled with a little chili oil. This bitter tofu is sour and spicy at the entrance, very appetizing, and also very tasty.
2. How to choose bitter cabbage
The roots of the traits are short conical, gray-brown, and have many fibrous roots. The stem is round and the E part is flattened; the surface is yellow-green, the base of the stem is slightly lilac, with longitudinal edges, and the upper part has dark brown glandular hairs; it is brittle, easily broken, and hollow in cross section. The leaves are alternate, shrunken and shattered, and the intact leaves are flattened into an elliptic and broad lanceolate shape, with a piano-like plume, and the edges of the lobes have irregular short spines. Some can see flower heads on the top of the stem, yellowish tongue-shaped flowers, and some fruits. Slight gas, slightly salty taste.
3. Taboo of bitter cabbage
Spleen and stomach deficiency are not suitable for consumption. Add brown sugar when using. There are many kinds of bitter herbs. Among them, the purple bitter herbs are the most beneficial to people, and have a good effect on cholecystitis and gastritis. The origin of Porphyra aurantium is located in Guannan, northeast of Jiangsu Province. The growth conditions of Porphyra arvensis are demanding. It must meet the elements of sufficient light, mild climate, and abundant rain.
The nutritional value of chicory
1. The water content of tender stems and leaves of endive, 3% protein, 1% fat, and 17 kinds of amino acids, of which arginine, histidine and glutamic acid have the highest content, accounting for 43% of the total amino acids. All three amino acids have a certain effect on invasive hepatitis.
2. Arginine also has the effect of eliminating fatigue and improving sexual function. Glutamate can combine with blood ammonia in the body to form glutamine that is beneficial to the body, relieve the harmful effects of ammonia generated during tissue metabolism, and participate in brain tissue metabolism to make brain functions active.
3. Chicory also contains various elements such as iron, copper, magnesium, zinc, calcium, manganese and so on. The calcium and zinc contents were 3 times and 5 times that of spinach, 2.7 times and 20 times that of celery, respectively. Calcium and zinc are important for maintaining normal physiological activities of the human body, especially the growth and development of children.
4. Chicory is rich in vitamins. According to tests, every 100g of fresh sample contains vitamin C 58.10mg, vitamin E 2.40mg, and carotene 3.36mg.
How to save chicory
1.After washing the fresh bitter herbs in cold water, drain the water, put it in a plate and add salt to start stirring, wait for the salt to be evenly mixed, then pickle the bitter herbs for a period of time and put them in the pickles Seal and preserve in the altar. In this way, the pickled bitter cabbage is very long, and it can be guaranteed that it can be eaten at any time.
2.Place the fresh bitter herbs in clean water and then drain the water to expose to the sun. Dry the water in the bitter herbs to make the bitter herbs soft and then put the bitter herbs in the plastic wrap to seal them. The air in the cling film should be removed, and the treated bitter vegetables should be placed in the soil pit to save it like a pit for storing radishes in winter. It is best to be in a backlit and cool place.